Monday, May 12, 2008

Going Strong

Well I guess I have made it three days, or two and a half. Yesterday Kris decided to grill out, I bought some fillet mignon, shrimp and a green and yellow bell pepper. I did not know how yummy peppers are once grilled, nice soft and sweet! The shrimp was delicious as was the steak. I didn't eat anything else last night so I would consider yesterday a success! Oh I did have two bites of Kris's ice cream, let's not forget about that, I don't want to appear perfect. Back to work this morning with new challenges. I made plain oatmeal - just 1 packet this time, and added dried cherries and some almond slices. It was good, I ate it all. I also had orange juice on the way to work, and I drank coffee, but less than normal. I am drinking water, I always need to drink more water. I have a small bag of pretzels at my desk that I need to eat around 10:45-11:00, and for lunch I have tuna and crackers. I brought an apple to eat with peanut butter for my afternoon snack, and for dinner I am planning on roast, mashed potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli. I have to watch my portions at dinner, but overall I am still encouraged and doing good. I even went for a walk around 7:30 last night, I took Summer and the dogs and we went a little further. I know I am out of shape but my dogs are worse off than I am, so I am trying to get them back into shape.

No comments: