Wednesday, May 14, 2008

HMMM

Ok so I weighed yesterday and was shocked to see a number I was not expecting. I had to weight, I had to figure out how much Summer weighed and she doesn't stand on the scale by herself yet. I bet you want to know what the number is - but I am not going to tell you, you will have to wait until Friday when I get weighed on the same scale I weighed last Friday to make sure things are as they should be!
For dinner last night I made something new, something super yummy and awesome, chicken parmigiana. This was grandma's recipe, but I never made it because she told me about it in November 2006, and I was pregnant and sick right after, so I just forgot about it. It was SO easy, pan cook pieces of chicken, get a baking dish and add half a jar of spaghetti sauce, then add the cooked chicken, add the rest of the spaghetti sauce, and add a bag or parmigiana cheese, eat it over noodles (I made angel hair). It was so yummy I had to watch my portion size, I could have eaten three times the amount. I will no longer be cooking spaghetti with hamburger meat!
Kris was eating snacks in bed last night, sunflower seeds and candy, but not me, I resisted! And I have been walking each day, I take Summer and the dogs around the block. It isn't intensive but it is a start. I really feel good about myself, I even resisted bagels at work this morning. I thought about cutting one in half, taking that half and cutting it in half, and then cutting that half into half, but by that time it seemed pointless so I didn't bother. I have challenges ahead of me, my trip to Idaho over Memorial Day weekend will be rough, but I think I can do it. I have to think of food as a nutrient my body needs, and not something that taste yummy.

No comments: