Sunday, May 11, 2008

who knew?

Apples and Peanut Butter is a delicious snack, I normally don't like the peel but I ate every bit of it, and whole wheat waffles with low fat plain yogurt and strawberries is very doable. It was different tasting when you expect the sweet syrup but I think I liked it. Yesterday I did great, I went to a birthday party for 1 year olds and did not eat cake or have soda. I did catch myself eating in bed, but it was brussel sprouts so I am not going to be too hard on myself. I already feel 5 pounds lighter, but I am not going to weight until Friday, actually Tuesday because I have to find out how much Summer weighs, I take my weight and hold her and subtract the difference, she turns 10 months. Maybe I will try to put her on the scale on her own if she will stand there. I did not go for a walk last night but I plan on going shopping this morning with Summer, our new Mother's Day tradition, and I will try again tonight because Summer doesn't have a bath tonight. I am really happy with the food right now, I am trying to eat one meal and plan out the next snack and meal. For snack today I will eat either pretzels, or I got the new ritz and pretzel I can try. For lunch I am thinking another sandwich like the one I had yesterday, it was a whole wheat tortilla, cheese and today I will add turkey. Kris even liked it but it was a little dry, maybe I will add some mustard or low fat mayonnaise. I am trying to eat a veggie for lunch and dinner, so today it might be carrots for lunch and steamed broccoli or zucchini for dinner. I am also still trying to go "plastic free". I did order some new safe plastic plates and cups yesterday, until I can find a good replacement I need to get rid of the scary toxic ones we have. I am looking at bamboo and stainless steel as a replacement. I am also looking to find new toys for Summer, wooden or cloth, non scary plastics. I need to take some time and find some really good sites. I am happy and encouraged this morning, I can do this!

No comments: