Friday, May 9, 2008

Where to start

I have been attending weekly health classes during lunch at work, something my company has generously paid for. These classes offer tips and advice, and part of the class consists of weighing on a scale. I started the class 5 weeks ago weighting in at 144, I was down to 142 a week later, and now 5 weeks into the class I am weighting in at a whopping 148! I was 140 before I got pregnant which was about 5 pounds above what I would have liked. I remember when I weighted 120 back when I was 20, but 135 would be a great nice level weight for me to maintain. This means I need to lose about 10-12 pounds. This may not sound like much to you, but I am a small boned person and I have never had to watch my weight. Right now I do not eat well nor do I work out, so this is going to be hard. Why does life get hard when you get older, I never had to watch my weight before I turned 30!

Frankly it sucks butt, but, tis life, I have to make a change. I know better than to try to completely try to change everything I do, I will end up failing if I try that again, so I am going to make some small changes each week.

This week I am going to stop eating in bed. I know what you are thinking, what kind of person eats in bed? Since we got a big tv for our room we started eating on our bed. Not only do we eat meals, but we also snack. I am going to stop eating and drinking anything on our bed! I am going home and cleaning off the kitchen table and make a spot that is comfortable and sittable. Seriously, I shouldn't be eating dinner in bed anyway, so this should be an easy change.

I have to go grocery shopping this weekend, so I am also going to try to get some healthier snacks, yogurt, apples, bananas, granola, pretzels, etc. I love vegetables and I plan on buying fresh vegetables and actually eat them, I always buy them but they end up growing some pretty fussy stuff on them and when I find them in the fridge a month later, I have to throw it away.

I already blog weekly for Summer, and I have decided I am serious about this and one way to keep me honest and going - is to blog about it. I hope I can do it this time, but if I know you are reading and watching me, I might have more motivation. Who knows I may only make it a week and decide I like being fat and buying larger pants, let's be honest, it is easier to find larger pants in long anyway right? No - wrong attitude, I can't think like that anymore!

No comments: