Monday, May 11, 2009

Great Weekend

Overall the weekend was a challenge but we met that challenge and won! This morning I weighed in at -4, can you believe I have lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks, that almost sounds impossible to me but the scale can't be wrong, well I guess it could be but I am pretty sure it is correct. I can see the difference in my thighs and stomach and I can feel the difference when I put pants on that were once tight. Friday night we went to a late movie (Star Trek - awesome) and resisted the very expensive movie treats, sodas, popcorn, nothing for us. Then on Saturday we went to the mall late and decided to test ourselves and get mall food for dinner. My plan is to know exactly what I am going to eat before I get there, that way I am not stuck making a quick bad decision. At first it was 1 hamburger from McDonalds, but then I remembered they had fully loaded baked potatoes and chose that instead. I got the potato but it looked so unhealthily loaded so I only ate just a bit over half, and I had a lemonade to drink, which wasn't in the plan but I have been craving one so I did it. Kris has a salad and ate about half and Summer had a few chicken nuggets and a bite of my potato. She also had a cute little lemonade. On Sunday we decided to grill out burgers for Mother's Day, so I forgo my morning snack and had a burger, one burger, but I tore off all the extra bread. I added mustard/ketchup, avocado and sauteed onions. It was delicious. There were a lot left so I forgo my afternoon snack and had another burger for dinner, but I ate a little less, and I ate some honeydew. I didn't really get any vegetables but I did really good about watching my portion control. I don't feel like it was the best weekend eating but at least I watched it and ate less than I normally would have and I felt full and energized most of the weekend. The hunger pains are all but gone these days, the energy is coming back, it isn't as hard to wake up in the morning - ok I am lying about the last one, it is still really hard to wake up knowing I have to go work out. Our workouts are only around 35/40 minutes, about 15/20 minutes of cardio, then we do lunges, weights, push-ups and sit-ups. Really not a bad workout and just enough to get our hearts pumping and bodies burning. I am still waiting for the pilates tape, I want to do something else in the afternoons when I get home and relaxed. It is actually still kinda cold in the mornings and that makes it a little harder to wake up, but I am a baby to waking up early anyway, luckily most mornings I have to get up and go pee so I have a good reason for getting out of bed.

No comments: